August 23, 2022
Associate Product Manager, Live Services - Call of Duty
Job Title: Associate Product Manager, Live Services - Call of Duty
Reporting To: Product Manager, Live Services - Call of Duty
Department: Product Management
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, and make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As Associate Product Manager of Licensing for Call of Duty Live Services, you are responsible for developing, launching, and managing strategic third-party integrations into Call of Duty. You will help manage the day-to-day relationships with external partners, as well as support the execution of these licensed programs with our internal game development and production teams. You will work in collaboration with Activision's Product, Marketing, and Studio teams to ensure all executions stay true to the integrity of both brands and communities.
Duties And Responsibilities
* Contribute to the strategy, identification, and development of in-game integrations and partnerships with third-party IP and/or brands.
* Support cross-functional teams to identify potential partners, evaluate opportunities, determine audience fit, and gain internal alignment.
* Assist the Partnership team in pitching, negotiation, and contract process with the licensors, understanding their motivations and objectives to recommend the best integrations.
* Collaborate with game development teams on content creation, event design, revenue strategy, and help the project reach production milestones. This person is the key connector between the development effort and the client relationship.
* Partner with cross-functional marketing teams to build world-class creative and messaging to maximize the potential reach and impact of each in-game partnership. Ensure all marketing communications are aligned to partner expectations and mandates.
* Be at the forefront in understanding marketing, culture and media trends and sharing insights with the broader internal teams
* 1+ years of product management or similar experience with a commerce focus, preferably from gaming (console, PC, or mobile); entertainment; technology; or consumer products.
* Ability to balance a data-driven mindset with creative problem solving, while maintaining a player-focused perspective.
* Passionate about games. Strong understanding of the latest gaming systems and industry trends.
* Proven track record as a strong team player, with strong verbal and communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally across multiple disciplines.
* Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills.
* Experience with creating PowerPoint presentations and a working proficiency of Excel.
* Self-starter and motivated to work within a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task with demonstrated performance of managing multiple projects at once.
* Proficiency in narrative building with the ability to create compelling presentations.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or similar preferred.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Apply now