August 23, 2022
Millions of builders use AWS servers today to build and deliver applications in the cloud. AWS is exploring a new set of services to help even more builders participate, bringing services to market that require less technical experience, such as Amazon Honeycode. Our goal is to make a more inclusive platform that allows our customers to solve everyday business problems with new solutions and accelerate their move to the cloud. We expect to launch more services in this category in the future.
We are seeking a Director of Product Management (PMT-ES) for AWS who will help us explore new ways to get the benefits of AWS for application development, with the use of less code. There’s a general trend to offer more users more power with declarative techniques, scaffolding frameworks, reusable components, new abstractions, and AI assistive techniques to help developers move faster, and more people become developers. AWS has a compelling set of services today for builders, and now we have the opportunity to welcome more builders, of many different backgrounds, and make them successful building things.
As a product leader, you will help establish our product vision and drive the overall delivery of compelling services to market. You will work on all aspects of product development, from market and customer research, to product definition and delivery. You will focus on the highest impact problems that face companies and teams trying to build solutions without writing as much code. You will design high quality, remarkable products that excite the customer base and lead us to new concepts and sets of services for customers. You will think globally when designing and building the software, ensuring the software is evolving in the right long-term direction, while bringing value to customers iteratively. You will collaborate with leaders throughout the Honeycode team, and with other senior technologists across AWS.
Successful candidates would be passionate about building new products. To be successful in this role, you’ll need a good balance of deep product skills and strong technical insights. The ideal candidate has experience through multiple low-code platform product or service development cycles, possesses superior analytical abilities, product judgment, and strategic vision.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
* Bachelor’s Degree
* 10+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, or software development
* 7+ years people management experience building strong teams and managing managers
* Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve challenging problems, showing a track record of making business decisions using relevant data and insights
* Demonstrated experience in building, delivering and operating products and services
* Experience with UX Research, Design and product-led growth methodologies
* Experience with agile software development methodologies and track record for prioritizing and delivering results in fast-moving environments
One or more of the following are highly desired:
* GM-level product ownership including product, revenue, and customer success
* Strong product management experience in the low-code and no-code product space
* Track record of shipping high-performance software to a wide range of customers at high velocity
* Experience with completion of full product lifecycle (concept through GTM, including pricing and packaging, direct sales, and partner ecosystems)
* MBA or master’s degree in related discipline
* Strong finance related skills relating to P&L management and pricing
* Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Job ID: A1897398Apply now