August 17, 2022
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, VirginiaManager, Horizontal Product Manager, Card Decisioning Platforms
Capital One’s Card Decisioning Platforms are at the forefront of innovation in creating breakthrough capabilities in our lending ecosystem that benefits hundreds of millions of Americans and fuel growth company-wide. To maximize the leverage of our platforms, we are building a new world class customer success organization. We will be the bridge between our platform’s individual capabilities and the business units who leverage these capabilities to provide seamless end to end experiences to Capital One’s customers.
As part of the newly created Customer Success team, we are seeking product managers who can work horizontally across platforms and solve complex multi-domain multi-dimensional problems to orchestrate build of end to end innovative real-time, intelligent customer experiences to drive growth. As a horizontal product manager, you will be a thought leader with a strategic multidisciplinary mindset, sitting at the interface of business and technology. You will work backwards from the customer objectives to influence and drive transformation in our platform strategy to unlock a flywheel of value creation.
Key Responsibilities Include
* Developing an end of end understanding of our decisioning platforms and surrounding ecosystems to anticipate how changes in one part of system interplay with the rest
* Systematically partnering with our internal business unit customers to understand their strategic priorities and needs from Decisioning Platforms
* Collaborating with product and engineering teams across platforms to create a continuous feedback loop to improve our end to end services which support business growth
* Understanding long term roadmaps across decisioning platforms and feeding that into scoping/prioritization of business initiatives to create efficiencies
* Socializing and refining business initiatives by collaborating with domain product/engineering leads and architecture to create target state solutions
* Identifying the full set of resources needed for delivery of groomed initiatives and driving local prioritization and trade-off conversations as necessary
* Partnering with Ops, Legal/Compliance, Data governance and Risk to identify if new controls or updates are needed for well managed launch of initiatives
* Leading development and execution of end to end testing scenarios and validations to launch new horizontal capabilities/initiatives in a well-managed way
We’re Looking For Candidates Who Are
* Intellectually curious and show high level of comfort with ambiguity and complexity
* Structured problem solvers who can use technical aptitude, communication skills and business outcome focus to align a broad set of stakeholders on a solution
* Highly fungible and can operate in a rapidly changing environment with a sense of urgency in delivering outcomes
* Comfortable at thinking big and connecting the dots to align our platform direction with strategic goals of our business segments
* Exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with internal customers and platform partners
* Willing to go deep into systems design conversations and contribute to high level architecture direction
* Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
* At least 3 year of product management experience or at least 3 year of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineer
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* MBA or Master’s degree
* 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
* 2+ years of experience working with complex decisioning systems
* 2+ years of experience in an internal or external customer facing role
* 5+ years of experience in product management or analytics or solutions engineering or technical consulting or success engineering
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).Apply now