August 17, 2022
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, VirginiaManager, Product Manager- Consumer Bank
At Capital One, we believe great products begin with a deep understanding of our customers. From our earliest days, we pioneered the use of predictive modeling to individually personalize credit card offers, turning the entire industry on its head. As we’ve grown bigger, we’ve found more and more ways to use technology and face-to-face conversations to understand the human problems associated with money and finances.
In the Consumer Bank, we’ve combined this human-centered approach with our heritage of data-driven decision making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We’ve challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
Are you passionate about improving the way people interact with their money? Are you driven by the delight you bring to customers? Do you keep asking, “why,” until you hit the root? It’s common to fall in love with solutions, but have you ever fallen in love with the problem? Do you have an opinion on whether shipping is more important than perfection? Do you have a healthy dose of skepticism for the impossible? If you’re nodding your head, then we want you!
As a Product Manager focusing on our Consumer Bank products, you’ll be joining a passionate team of product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, and analysts working to redefine how millions of customers interact with their money. You might work on developing the next generation of our mobile UI. You might solve the gnarly problems presented by a fleet of ATMs. You might reimagine the digital tools in our branches and cafes. You might empower the entire business with better platforms. You might protect our customers from the bad guys. You might build machine learning models to solve problems we haven’t even discovered yet. One thing is for sure: you will dream and you will ship.
On any given day in the Bank you’ll be:
* Empowered. Part of a team driving the bank’s omni-channel servicing portfolio responsible for setting and delivering an experience framework on how our customers should be serviced in both digital and digital-human interactions
* Learning constantly. Work deeply with customers, associates, designers, technologists and data scientists to build cutting edge solutions
* Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change by asking bold questions; starting small, testing, and learning your way to something dramatically better
* Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software can do to make them even better
* Connecting creatively. Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, integrating the right off-the-shelf products and just plain elbow grease
* Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem and holding on the wrong one.
Here is what you will bring to the table:
* Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
* Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool or introduced a new routine that broke down silos led to better decisions.
* Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what’s possible. You’ve started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others.
* Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. Maybe you’re an introvert, or maybe you’re an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
* Wrangler. You’ve gotten back-end engineers to play nice with iOS developers, you can inspire an ETL developer to write creatively about her latest pipeline.
* Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut. You are comfortable saying no.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
* Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
* Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
* Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
* Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product alongside
* Continuous learning budget
* Highly supportive and “bought in” leadership environment
* At least 3 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences.
* At least 3 years of experience working on the core product platforms that power digital experiences
* At least 3 years of digital industry experience for consumers
* Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
* At least 3 years of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
* At least 2 years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).Apply now