August 17, 2022
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, VirginiaManager, Product Manager- Consumer Bank
Bank Marketing is seeking a dynamic, high-performing product manager, to lead its incentives experience products and platform. This position will have a significant influence on the way customers experience offer incentives using banking offers and cross LOB offers. We are seeking someone who is passionate around marketing, technology and who can drive a vision and deliver on commitments in an agile environment
* Partner with various marketing, engineering and partner teams to design and deliver on incentive experience
* Work closely with customer service and risk teams to identify and deliver features to reduce customer complaints
* Partner with account opening team, and other lines of business to integrate offer solutions across systems
* Build a product strategy and roadmap from product vision and get buy in from leaders and stakeholders
* Continuously push for real time integrations and solutions to optimize the customer experience
* Excellent documentation and record keeping to participate in internal and external audits
* Hands on with data queries to investigate customer complaints and exception scenarios
* Strive to improve data processes by way of technical automation and thinking out of the box
In th is role, you’ll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in four key areas
* Human Centered
* You’ll define clear and actionable problem statements to help teams deliver results while displaying a comprehensive understanding of iterative software delivery, capable of thin-slice MVP grooming
* You’ll leverage customer insights to influence priorities and roadmap feature development while advocating for and driving alignment between stakeholders in the development of acceptance criteria
* Business Focused
* You’ll own and prioritize the near-term product roadmap to deliver on business outcomes, quickly identifying points of leverage in complex problems or systems, and utilizing data effectively to define success metrics and measurable outcomes
* You’ll utilize balanced judgment in decisions about risks of both actions taken and not taken while innovating on ways to iterate faster in a well-managed way for the immediate team
* Technology Driven
* You’ll understand and leverage technology and end-state architecture vision to partner with technology team to drive comprehensive design decisions out of white space technical problems
* You’ll share business strategy and roadmap with Tech partners to establish context while also leading and facilitating agile ceremonies alongside Tech Lead
* You’ll deliver value by creating reusable, extensible and resilient capabilities and proactively identify opportunities when key metrics on security, resilience and performance are not performing
* Transformational Leadership
* You’ll develop and communicate a 6-12 months vision to senior stakeholders and partner teams with accurate details and transparency on risks and impediments, and proactively build relationships with those outside of your immediate team resulting in horizontal influence
* You’ll Contribute to team culture and recruiting by leading activities to attract and retain top talent and mentoring and developing junior product associates
We want you if you are;
* Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. You are passionate about marketing and technology and figuring out the answer to consumer experience questions.
* Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool or introduced a new routine that broke down silos that led to better decisions.
* Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what’s possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs.
* Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. Maybe you’re an introvert, or maybe you’re an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
* Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut. You are comfortable saying no.
* Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
* At least 3 year of product management experience or at least 3 year of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* MBA or Master’s degree
* 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).Apply now