August 25, 2022
At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
We are looking for a talented senior or principal product designer with experience with front end development. You have crafted elegant user experiences for complex, data-heavy products and collaborated with talented content owners. Come join our distributed team of creatives and help us build a fun, quirky and memorable web experience.
Please note that a portfolio is mandatory for consideration. We appreciate your understanding.
What You Will Be Doing:
* Produce design prototypes and specifications.
* Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented accurately
* Practice the balance between UX and beautiful UI / visual design
* Support internal partners (engineers and product managers) through clear guidelines, assets and creative problem solving
* Understand and implement user testing and UX research to create data-driven solutions
What You Bring Along:
* Ability to create elegant, accessible and usable experiences that solve business challenges and meet user needs
* Strong portfolio with examples of user-focused problems solved via creative UI solutions, design systems and asset creation
* Familiarity with the typical product design suite: Figma, Whimsical, Loom, etc.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups and defend your design decisions
* Prior experience working in the technology industry. You enjoy learning about new technologies and are able to collaborate with Product Marketers as well as Product Managers and Engineers
* Prior experience designing data intensive user experience
* Understanding of motion principles and motion design for the web
* Is effective at personal organization and management of communication tools like email and Slack
* Stay current with the latest design and technology trends across web, desktop, and mobile platforms, and adopt modern techniques as appropriate
* Ability to uphold responsiveness and collaboration in a remote environment. You are an organized self starter with strong communication skills. Being part of a distributed team requires proactive communication and sometimes even oversharing
* Experience in the Observability domain
* Experience with TypeScript and SCSS
* Familiarity with “back-end” platforms (for example, Ruby on Rails)
* Experience in other creative endeavours (music, art, performance, etc.)
Additional Information - We Take Care Of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
* Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
* Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
* Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
* Generous number of vacation days each year
* Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
* Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
* Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave