August 23, 2022
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test .
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Join us as a Product Designer in our extraordinary Growth Area, which focuses on expanding the amount of learners worldwide that use Duolingo every day. This role reports to Design Manager, Growth.
We take pride in and agonize over crafting a user-friendly (and fun) experience for everyone.
Will you join us on our mission?
* Craft a fun and delightful user experience across the Duolingo app on mobile and web, via features like the streak, leaderboard, achievements, and new ones you'll invent. Over a million learners have a streak of over 365 days!
* Help engineers and product managers define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products.
* Work collaboratively with other designers to develop and expand product design patterns
* Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical features
* Work in a highly energetic fashion with the design and product teams
* Consider all parts when crafting the experience—from copy to interaction design to visual design
* An online portfolio with mobile app or web design samples
* Design experience in a consumer application, product, or software role
* A desire to strive for excellence in your work until all details are attended to
* The ability to explain your work, process, and decisions and seek feedback to help you produce your best work
* Ability to work from or relocate to Beijing
Outstanding candidates will have...
* Proven experience working at a high-paced tech start-up
* Experience with illustration or animation (or both)
* Experience participating in or leading user research sessions
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and PreventionApply now