August 23, 2022
The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
Join our team and help us usher the world into Spotify through curiosity, delight, and connection. In this role, you will be a key contributor to a 0-1 design team building the future of deep audio experiences.
What You'll Do:
* Take broad conceptual ideas and turn them into meaningful products for people who use our service
* Design flows and experiences that simplify and distill down complex actions into usable interfaces
* Create sketches, concepts, and prototypes to communicate with team members
* Lead design discovery and experimentation to uncover the biggest and best opportunities for us to research, prototype, and test
* Work through all phases of design and development – from conceptualization to engineering execution and post-launch success tracking and iteration
* You will give and solicit feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually improve impact
* You will drive partnership with product managers, engineers, researchers, and UX writers in order to oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch
* You will be a culture carrier, mentoring junior designers in honing their craft
Who You Are:
* You have 8+ years of experience building and shipping products that are broad and ambiguous in scope and encompass end-to-end experiences across a variety of surfaces
* An experienced, entrepreneurial designer of 0-1 products at consumer-facing companies
* Comfortable with ambiguity and whitespace and have a track record of finding opportunities few others can
* You have relevant work experience as a product designer, UI designer, and / or visual designer with knowledge to define how an experience should behave based on understanding people’s needs
* You're a hands-on designer that is proficient in user research techniques, interaction design, visual design and usability testing
* You use appropriate prototyping tools to show how a particular flow or interaction will work
* You have impeccable craft
* A phenomenal storyteller and communicator
* You thrive collaborating with other designers and partnering with product managers, engineers, researchers
* You bring a playfulness to your work and to the people you work with
Where You'll Be
* We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
* Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
* Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
* Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.