August 23, 2022
Every year, we welcome thousands of university graduates from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
We’re a company of learn-it-all’s rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes. (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/culture)
Those hired into this role are invited to participate in Microsoft Aspire Experience (https://careers.microsoft.com/students/us/en/microsoft-aspire-experience) , a two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses .
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Currently we are hiring Product Designer for STCA and C+AI department in Beijing, Shanghai and Suzhou.
As an integral part of the global team working on core products with core technology, Software Technology Center Asia (STCA) plays a significant role contributing to overall Microsoft applications and services products development. It is dedicated to the development for many Microsoft applications and services products such as Microsoft 365, Bing, Azure, as well as internet and mobile related products. The team is focused on a wide spectrum of technologies including machine learning, natural language processing, cloud computing, big data, search engine and online advertising, web and browser. Located in Beijing, Suzhou, Taipei and Tokyo, Software Technology Center Asia (STCA) has more than 2000 R&D employees.
Cloud + AI seeks to enable organizations in two core ways to:
* Engage with their customers more effectively and grow their revenue
* Optimize business operations to improve employee productivity
Cloud + AI enables Microsoft to be a unique player in today’s market as a key participant in conversations to help customers achieve their goals. In fact, over 90% of the Fortune 500 use the Microsoft Cloud today, and Cloud + AI facilitates the market leadership exhibited by Microsoft with products and solutions in areas such as Cloud Infrastructure, Developer Tools and Services, Enterprise Mobility and Security, Business Applications and Data& AI.
* Assists in ideation meetings to improve product designs and generates ideas for a specific, isolated design element. Helps facilitate enrollment for an ideation exercise as part of a design sprint. Checks feasibility and usefulness of ideas with peers and product team representatives.
* Helps present to teams (e.g., Design, Engineering) and/or customers to receive feedback and understand user needs. Uses digital and physical tools to demonstrate design to stakeholders and then gauge customer perceptions.
* Collaborates with and answers questions from Engineering to aid in successful design implementation, and performs question-and-answer forums (QAs) to help them ensure "pixel perfect" or detailed designs. Works with developers to iterate further on designs during implementation to ensure optimal designs.
* Facilitates the creative visual design process by producing the visual language for a product.
* Creates wireframes, journey maps, user jobs and scenarios, task flows, and personas in support of interaction designs for hardware and/or software-based experiences under the direction of a senior team member. Participates in the development and enhancement of product user experience via creation of interaction models and detailed designs for new and existing product features. Assists others to help ensure that the designs of the products allow the user to complete the desired functions in the best possible manner.
* Shares learnings and collaborates with other designers to share education for team improvements.
Communication and Collaboration
* Conveys work to peers and managers within immediate team so that the audience understands. Communicates in a professional and timely fashion.
* Assists with fundamental tasks on projects with creative team members, program managers, and developers (e.g., the triad/quad) to define and iterate on new and existing product features.
* Embody our culture and values
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field
* OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
Visit our Careers FAQ Page (https://careers.microsoft.com/i/us/en/faq) to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.Apply now