August 23, 2022
As a product designer on Uber for Business, your number one job is to tackle user problems. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and UX researchers to iterate and build a usable, useful, and delightful experience that your team can launch! You’ll engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in concepting, prototyping, service design, information design, workshop facilitation, and user research. As a T-shaped designer, you have at least one area you’re an expert in but can handle a broad range of tasks from preparing assets for engineers to leading sprints.
What You'll Do
* Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
* Design systems to make simple, sophisticated experiences based on our complex logistics and machine learning technology
* Build wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs based on our UI framework to tackle difficult UX problems
* Obsess the details of the interaction, visual, and motion design
* Work with product managers to define requirements, not just translate them to craft
* Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
* Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers
* Collaborate and iterate with your design colleagues to help improve the whole Uber for Business experience.
* Partner closely with engineers to understand technology capabilities, build your outstanding designs, and achieve high quality shipped product
* You will ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
* 2+ years of professional hands-on experience
* A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
* Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data that helps ground your decisions in real data, marketplace needs & norms, and business OKRs.
* Experience building for a consumer audience
* Ability to work collaboratively across cross-functional teams and levels
* Examples of developing and conveying ideas clearly in a written and visual format—clearly demonstrate how your designs tackle customers’ problems or contribute to their lives
* Ability to facilitate team discussions and help drive toward decisions
* A track record of shipping phenomenal design with an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle, and make vital tradeoff decisions.
* Experience building products for Android or iOS, and web
* Knowledge of mobile and web design patterns