August 17, 2022
COMPANY SUMMARY Based in downtown Chicago, IL, Trajektory is an innovative data insights and valuation technology start-up with a unique take on how to leverage and value sponsorship data throughout the sports, media, and entertainment industries. Culture is a major priority, as both personal and professional development is supported and believed in from the company’s leadership team. If you’re looking for an opportunity to get involved with an exciting industry through tackling unsolved problems with innovation and hard work and want to get in at a high growth start up, chances are this could be a good next adventure for you. We are currently seeking a Manager of Product Management to help us deliver on our vision for a game changing sponsorship reporting platform. The product manager will develop product vision, strategy and roadmap for the platform but also execute to deliver results. This is achieved by working in close collaboration with senior leadership, development, UI, sales, marketing, and client success. THE ROLEThe product manager will have a mix of responsibilities, none of which are more important than being in charge of the company's core product. This individual needs to interface with a multitude of teams (technology, customer success, sales, business intelligence, marketing, etc.). The product manager should be someone who is empathetic, thoughtful, and intellectually honest. They should be an excellent listener, communicator, and impeccably organized.
* Own and define product strategy and a roadmap that enables revenue and growth objectives.
* Work with a highly collaborative cross-functional team on business objectives and end-user needs.
* Translate product requirements/business objectives into clearly defined user-stories and features.
* Responsible for delivering value to the end customer and achieving product line business objectives; Accomplished by execution of strategic projects and initiatives.
* Lead the scoring and prioritization of features, roadmap and product backlog.
* Lead market research to assess and evaluate the competitive landscape, evaluate opportunities, trends and threats to market position.
* Track and report customer activity on the platform.
* Work with the development and design team, overseeing sprints, managing backlog, and feature releases.
* Identify unmet needs or pain points with features across the entire platform.
* Work closely with UI to design and simplify the user experience across the products.
* Work closely with development team to plan and execute roadmap and backlog.
* Executes PM framework and processes to define functional and technical requirements for development.
* Work cross-functionally to define and execute product and feature go-to-market plans.
* Set goals and KPIs for new product launches and work cross functionally with marketing on go to market plan and success.
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in product management role.
* A high attention to detail.
* Product management experience in a SAAS platform company.
* Experience in developing and leading cross functional and technical teams.
* Experience in end-to-end product lifecycle (Ideation through Deployment and Maintenance) is required.
* Outstanding written/oral, organizational, data analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Expertise in building product requirements.
* Track-record of delivering great product experiences for end-users, with clear and measurable results.
* Excellent stakeholder and communication skills combined with technical knowledge / expertise.
* Can prioritize product roadmaps/backlogs, balancing requirements as well as capacity constraints.
* Action-orientated and thrives on delivering, adding value and making things better.
* Proactive problem-solver; self-motivated and goal-oriented; able to manage tasks and meet deadlines.
* Strategic thinker.
* Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
* Must be able to work well independently as well as within a team-based environment.
* Exceptional reading and writing skills; ability to distill complex concepts into simple messages.
* Excellent understanding of the current trends in digital usage, technology, and media.
* Flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
THE BASICSIf you’re looking for an opportunity to get involved with an exciting industry through tackling unsolved problems with innovation and hard work and want to get in at the ground level of a new start-up, chances are this could be a great adventure for you. Our culture is centered around both personal and professional development, collaboration, and transparency. We offer a flexible work environment, with lots of opportunity for growth. THE FUN STUFFYou shouldn’t work here if you aren’t fascinated by data. A nerdy sense-of-humor is a plus. The reality of this company is that it was built by a group of former leaders who like to have fun and work hard. We have a hyper-focused appreciation for data analytics, and a passion for building close knit teams. We promote a culture of belonging, curiosity, and both personal and professional development. We want you to want to work here for the rest of your career, but we’re also interested in allowing individuals to grow into the next phase of their career. Life is short, have fun and love what you do – we hope to be a cool and exciting chapter of your story.
THE EXPECTATIONSAt the end of the day, we want to work with good people. We also expect a lot out of our team. We’re on a path to be a premier sponsorship data and analytics company and that takes work. We let people take the reins and give a lot of trust to get their work done. We won’t be that over-your-shoulder company and will provide you with the tools to succeed with the expectation of giving us your best work. We’re looking for a genuine sense of curiosity and strong work ethic. We also will be the first to champion and praise your awesome good work and want you to do the same for your colleagues when they build something cool.