August 23, 2022
Join us in building the future of ecommerce automation! Alloy is one of the leading automation solutions for brands - despite being around for only two years, it is already the tool of choice for thousands of merchants. Brands use Alloy to focus on their business and customers while putting their operations on autopilot. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking to bring on our next Product Manager as we continue to grow, and at our size and scale, that means getting your hands on a lot. Whether that’s within engineering and design (ofc), partnering with marketing on releases, or connecting with customers to understand their needs, you’ll be at the core of how we scale our workflow automation product.
What you'll be doing
* Work directly with our current Product Manager and Co-Founder/CTO, with a dual focus on both Automation and Embedded, and intimately with customers to incorporate their feedback and pain points into the product
* Ideate and iterate. Ideate and iterate. Which means you’ll be testing your ideas with tight feedback loops, in market and technical design sessions, prototypes and planning meetings, to build product high in utility and adoption
* Partner across teams and lead cadence meetings with designers and engineers to stay aligned. And collaborate with the go-to-market folks who are closest to merchants, to define and develop the Alloy’s value proposition
* Define and prioritize the product/feature backlog, develop epics and write user stories
* Roll up your sleeves and create both external and internal docs, decks, articles and other assets working with product marketing to facilitate launch, adoption and success of product go-to-market plans
Skills & experience we're excited about
* This isn’t your first rodeo in product, and you’re bringing with you a couple years experience from the SaaS space; bonus points if you’ve been an early product hire and even better if it’s in the ecomm space
* You like to keep things moving, with a bias for action, at the same time being super organized and able to prioritize what needs to be accomplished. You know what needs to be done and how to lead and influence others to help make it happen
* You’re curious and inquisitive, digging deeper to understand how things work and explore more (and better) alternatives. You think about the “why” with an eye for delightful user experiences and customer success
* You’re moderately technical (you don’t need to know how to code) with the ability to work hand in hand with engineers to dissect complex technical problems and convey them to other team members; you’re not afraid to learn a new tool or two and welcome technical challenges
* You’re incredibly detail oriented with an eye for what makes a great UX. At Alloy, we’re super design driven
* You take a data-driven approach to decisions. A/B testing, experimentation, statistical significance, etc. are part of your regular vocabulary and repertoire. And you leverage this to influence and justify product decisions at Alloy
* You deeply understand and care about the needs of customers and users, integrating user-centered design practices into the product development process
* And you’re agile; the pressures of short release cycles don’t faze you. You’re adaptable in the face of ambiguous and complex problems, taking a flexible and open-minded approach to new challenges
Why work at Alloy?
We’re growing quickly - We've raised $27M to date and anticipate growing to nearly 40 people by end of 2022
We’re diverse & distributed - We work remotely across 6 time zones, and our team is highly diverse from an age, gender, and background perspective. We move fast, but also find time to laugh, get to know more about each other's cultures and backgrounds, and show off our great (and horrible) cooking.
We stay on top of trends - We’re power users of tools like Figma, Jira, & Notion, and also know a thing or two about memes.
We build for our customers - We keep a good pulse on how our merchants are doing, and their problems, which is what allows us to discover new opportunities and areas for growth. We do this by running regular product feedback sessions, and engaging a dedicated customer community.
We’re ambitious, like you - We’re relentlessly optimistic that we can build this crazy automation tool that will change the way millions of people work once they have their hands on it.
We’re backed by the best - We’re backed by leading VCs like a16z, Bain Capital, YC and the founders of brands like Rent the Runway & Italic, and the people behind tech unicorns like Attentive, ShipBob, & Webflow believed in us early and are invested in our success.