August 23, 2022
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as the Internet of Things and AR/VR.
In 2019, Mapbox made a considerable investment in the platform to support the Japanese market, including the integration of best-in-class Zenrin data and supporting the launch of Yahoo! JAPAN’s new maps for millions of people. Today, the demand for Mapbox in Japan is growing as we become the leading Japanese platform for maps and locations.
Mapbox Japan is building the world’s first map-based DSP (“demand side platform”), enabling developers to monetize maps in their own apps.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Advertising Solutions division and work collaboratively across Mapbox to develop our new Adtech platform that works dynamically on maps. Main responsibilities include:
* Own the product roadmap for our Adtech solutions to achieve the revenue target from the product standpoint by working with the business development and sales team
* Lead the product roadmap discussions based on clients' feedback and decide new products and features and improve them with priorities
* Work collaboratively with engineering, marketing, legal, UX, and other teams on cutting edge technologies to launch products and features
What We Believe Are Important Traits For This Role
* 5+ years of experience in web or mobile products as a Product Manager
* Self-starter and Quick learner
* Native Japanese skills and Business level English.
* Understand markets, competition, and users' requirements in depth about products
* Online advertising or digital marketing industry experience
* Product development through feedback of customers
* Management experience with 5+ members.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
* We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
* We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
* We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
* We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
MAPBOX WILL NOT ACCEPT CANDIDATE INTRODUCTIONS FROM 3RD PARTY RECRUITMENT AGENCIES FOR THIS POSITION.Apply now