August 23, 2022
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
Jungle Scout is for inventors and creators who like to build innovative, additive ways. Those who obsess over a challenge and don’t stop until conquering it. Those who see opportunity in problems. Passionate, adventurous individuals from every walk of life. The ones that don’t believe in ceilings and would never reach their potential at most companies. The top 0.01% of brains who want to feel like the dumbest in the room. Constantly challenging the status quo. And, most importantly, having a blast doing it.
The role: We’re growing and we are looking to add a Product Manager over Billing, Memberships, Onboarding, and Activation to our fast-paced and customer-oriented Product team.
Location: We’re a remote-first company and looking to hire this person anywhere between the PST - EST timezone.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
In The Product Manager Role, You Will
* Understand our Customers. Build a deep understanding of our users’ needs and anticipate market developments by conducting market and customer research. Understand and communicate user stories for current and future products based on the market’s problems.
* Test and iterate. Be willing and able to be constantly experimenting. You will need to set hypotheses, test, analyze, launch, and then repeat. Ability to understand what is successful and why will be paramount.
* Lead. Provide clear direction, define success and enable your engineering partners to do their best work. Make product decisions while weighing feedback you've gathered from your engineers against business and customer needs, have technical discussions, and own the impact of these changes.
* Collaborate. Continually communicate and collaborate with multiple departments and stakeholders when making product decisions. Work with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful features. Once new feature development is planned, you’ll work with the marketing and support departments to create release plans.
* Evangelize. Present functionality of completed products and features to internal and external stakeholders. Curate product briefs to clearly communicate the value of new features and how these features impact users.
Specifics To This Role Include
* Create a best-in-class onboarding experience. Segment customers, gather the right information, provide a delightful experience from the very beginning for our customer.
* Introduce customers to new features. Determine which users would benefit from which features and build mechanisms to introduce users to these features.
* Optimize the billing and membership experience. Determine the best path forward for the payment and membership systems.
* Own different plans and feature access. Manage the complexities of different plans, seat count, feature access, and more.
* Upgrade, downgrade, churn. Build an experience that ensures smooth upgrades and downgrades and minimizes the churn while maximizing the data gathered from churned users.
* Integrate with external APIs. Leverage the best third party tools to enable smooth and scalable experiences in our membership and billing systems.
Who You Are
* Problem Solver. You think outside the box to develop new innovative solutions to solve customer pain points. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
* Empathetic. Excel in active listening and relating to customers while conducting user research.
* Hardworking & Driven. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you’re ready to take ownership of a complex, growing product.
* Entrepreneurial and scrappy. You have learned through experience how to build something from nothing, overcome obstacles and make the most of precious resources. You use resources effectively and efficiently, focusing on the highest-value initiatives and on achieving maximum return on investment.
* Collaborator and communicator. You are excellent at working with team members across disciplines from Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Experience. You can clearly articulate your ideas and opinions.
* Data driven tester. You are willing to test, evaluate, iterate, and test again. You use data to launch changes with confidence.
* You are excited about empowering entrepreneurs to build successful businesses selling on Amazon!
Working at Jungle Scout
* The BEST team.
* Remote-first culture.
* International Meetups.
* Access to Jungle Scout tools & experts.
* Performance Bonus.
* Flexible Vacation.
* Comprehensive Health Benefits & Retirement Program.
About Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one platform for selling on Amazon, supporting more than $8 billion in annual Amazon revenue. Founded in 2015 as the first Amazon product research tool, Jungle Scout today features a full suite of best-in-class business management solutions and powerful market intelligence resources to help entrepreneurs and brands manage their e-commerce businesses. Jungle Scout is headquartered in Austin, Texas and supports 10 global Amazon marketplaces.
The Jungle Scout team is a group of smart, motivated, and fun-loving professionals working hard to help our customers achieve success. We have a remote-first culture with employees across the world as well as in our hub offices in Austin, TX; Vancouver, BC; and Shenzhen, China. We believe team members should have the opportunity to choose the work environment that works best for them, so we give our team members the option of working from home, at one of our hub offices, or from a co-working space.
We offer workplace flexibility, competitive compensation packages, 401K/RRSP matching, generous vacation, and professional development to help you thrive in your career. The entire Jungle Scout team also gathers for annual all-expenses-paid retreats — past locations have included Bali, Bangkok, Vietnam, Budapest, Mexico, Colombia, and Costa Rica. Check us out!
We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.Apply now