August 17, 2022
AXEL is seeking a Product Manager with solid technical product knowledge and domain expertise. This position works closely and collaboratively with the other functional areas throughout the company including the laboratory, sales, marketing, and operations. An important part of this job is making sure that the company’s product development goals are in alignment with the company’s vision, values, strategy, quality and regulatory policies. Key Responsibilities:
* Raw material sourcing, cost saving, coordinates request for qualifications of new raw materials
* Product strategy based on companies’ portfolio, strength, and expertise
* Gathers, manages, and prioritizes market/customer requirements.
* Acts as the customer advocate articulating the user’s and/or buyer’s needs.
* Works closely with lab/engineering, sales, marketing, and production to ensure business case and customer satisfaction goals are met.
* Has technical product knowledge or specific domain expertise.
* Defines what the market needs and articulate the valuable market problem you’re solving along with priorities and justification for each part of the solution.
* Runs and coordinates customer validations & trials. Regularly reviews completed work and checks with customers to ensure that it meets the customer expectations
* Is a market expert. Market expertise includes understanding the reasons customers purchase products. This includes a deep understanding of the competition, and how customers think of and buy the product. Product Managers need market research and competitive analysis skills to complete these tasks.
* Develops the business case for new products, improvements to existing products, and business ventures.
* Acts as the product’s leader/champion within the company.
* Develops positioning for the product.
* Makes presentations, writes papers, case studies, competitor analysis, product comparison
You should be comfortable juggling multiple projects in a high energy environment both at the lab bench and computer workstations. Knowledge of additives and resin systems used in thermoplastics, polyester/polyurethane, elastomers and the composites industry are a plus.
Desired Qualifications:· Bachelors or Masters in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering or equivalent relevant degree· 5+ years’ chemical industry bench work experience highly desired· Solid project management skills· Excellent communication skills with experience interfacing with internal (cross-functional teams) and external (vendors; regulatory representatives, etc.) groups at all levels· The ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority· Some laboratory work is necessary to understand how our products work and are tested· Strong skills in the Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of electronic publishing/file management· Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience highly desired· Ability to analyze, define, and effectively convey difficult and complex issues in a way that accurately communicates the issues to leadership and internal teams· Flexible, willing to go the “extra mile”· Calm, with a can-do attitude and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines· A team-player but able to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision· A problem solver who seeks solutions
What’s in it for you?Working at AXEL offers a range of fantastic benefits. Our positive company culture and strong values being just two of many reasons to join our great business! • Excellent career growth and mentorship• Learning and development opportunities• Bonus program• Medical Insurance• Vacation and Sick Time• Employee referral reward program• Competitive compensation package with annual performance and salary reviews• Most importantly we promote an environment that promotes collaboration where employees have a voice, the space to invent, the chance to excel, and to have fun! Together, we turn vision into reality by molding our future. Our people are integral to our success and our values reflect the AXEL way. About AXEL:AXEL Plastics Research Laboratories (AXEL) is a U.S. based manufacturer of proprietary mold releases and process aid additives for all types of plastics, rubbers, and urethanes. AXEL is a privately held company in its third generation of family ownership and located in Monroe CT. The quality management system has received ISO 9001:2015 certification and the company and its products are fully compliant with REACH and major worldwide regulatory requirements. Apply now