August 23, 2022
Hawkes Learning Systems is a leading educational software company specializing in educational courseware designed for the 2 and 4 year college and university markets. Applying proven educational techniques, innovative applications, and unsurpassed customer support, Hawkes Learning Systems delivers powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use software solutions that drive students to succeed.
This individual must be comfortable serving as the liaison between technical departments and the end-user. A strong candidate is pragmatic, proficient in written and oral communication, detail-oriented and solutions-oriented.
Candidate should exhibit versatility and a willingness to think outside of the box in order to creatively deliver innovative, well-designed, and effective products to the end-user. An entrepreneurial mentality that is comfortable with ambiguity and able to drive a vision to fruition is essential.
This role can be worked remotely or if candidate is willing to relocate to Charleston, SC, office space is available to use.
* Communicate with stakeholders to determine the needs as well as the business value to prioritize work
* Communicate with scrum teams to answer questions about items in order to obtain effort needed to prioritize work
* Work with Lead Product Manager to translate product vision into product features
* Collaborate with front end developer and/or UI/UX designer, as appropriate, to deliver user-friendly product solution mockups to scrum teams for development and implementation
* Conduct release planning workshops
* Participate in Scrum Team meetings
* Assist Lead Product Manager to develop and maintain Product Roadmap for the organization
* Consider incoming feature requests to identify and nominate potential projects
* Locate assigned tasks in TFS and update progress as they are completed
* Create Work items assigned populating Name, Description, Requirements, and other required fields based on standards outlined as a company with little assistance
* Review work items
* Request review from Lead Product Manager
* Respectfully accept feedback and apply changes to your work items
* Provide formal communication of status updates on current projects to scrum teams, stakeholders, and leadership
* Respectfully and efficiently communicate in a team environment
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another related field
* 1-2 years of experience functioning as the Product Manager on an agile team strongly preferred
* Well organized and strong attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to multi-task on several projects
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Cross-department collaboration and conflict resolution skills
* Liaison between technical teams, UI teams, stakeholders, and end-users
* Skilled in writing requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria
* Intermediate understanding of TFS or another source control tool
* Advanced understanding of Web Applications
* CSPO, CSM, PMP or other similar certification
Hawkes Learning offers a casual work environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork, within and across departments. Our team is comprised of extremely talented and highly motivated members, who make working at Hawkes a very rewarding experience.
Company events, including birthday and ‘Hawkes’iversary celebrations, volunteer opportunities and team milestone festivities keep our hybrid environment lively and exciting. We invite you to take a closer look and see if joining the Hawkes family is the right fit for you.Apply now