August 23, 2022
Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both Remote and Hybrid work environments.
This position on Appian's low-code team gives you the opportunity to shape the future of Appian's core product. Our mission is simple. Make it easier and faster to build data-driven business apps and expand to new audiences via our mobile and web portals technology. This position is for you if you're passionate about lowering the technological barrier to entry for organizations across the world and have a positive impact on people's lives.
What you’ll do: Prioritize, define, and ensure success of product features for various users at the roadmap/release level (we release quarterly) as well as functionalities within each feature at the sprint level (two-week sprints).
* Prioritize what we should build and when by collaborating with stakeholders on product strategy and making data-driven decisions.
* Define how those features will work and look through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, and usability testing.
* Cultivate a deep understanding of your users and customers. Be their advocate.
* Manage your team's backlog through planning and working with developers.
* Share ideas and receive feedback on new features through presentations to stakeholders and collaborators.
* Ensure successful delivery of features and participate in go-to-market activities (documentation, training, webinars, etc).
* Follow your work through to customer impact by tracking adoption/usage, talking to customers and partners, prioritizing bugs and enhancements, and recommending additional investments to meet the market.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Need To
* Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things.
* Ability to draw clarity of out complex and ever-changing environments; comfortable with working through ambiguity.
* Strong communicator.
* Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact.
* Imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great product features and experiences.
* Most importantly, passionate about software!
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
* Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
* Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
* An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
* B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Experience Level
* 2+ years of relevant experience with technical products for enterprise customers, currently in a product management role
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.