August 23, 2022
Scale is looking for an experienced product manager to drive the development of core products and platform improvements for Scale’s Marketplace Operations team. You will work cross-functionally with Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Operations to take products from pain point to fully-deployed solution, and coordinate with company leadership on roadmap strategy and priorities. You will be responsible for driving roadmap execution, using qualitative customer and internal feedback as well as quantitative metrics and KPI’s to guide decisions and measure success. Your remit will include everything from our core APIs, to tasker applications, to internal tooling, and beyond.
Scale is at the forefront of enabling Machine Learning across multiple industries. As the lead product manager for the Marketplace Incentives team, you’ll be a part of the team that is centrally responsible for administering the Scalers’ incentives and for enabling the development of machine learning. You’ll drive Scale level OKRs for our labeling platform and grow our tasker workforce which enables the creation of training data for our customers. The better the tasker workforce is, the better the data will be.
The marketplace incentives product manager owns all aspects of the tasker pay experience and features. You will be responsible for the identification of opportunities, sizing them, running experiments where applicable while owning the roadmap for our marketplace incentives team. This role is critical to increasing Scale's acquisition, engagement, and retention of taskers, and your success will be the company's success in enabling the next generation of AI.
* Manage the product development and planning process as well as driving execution of marketplace incentives products working cross-functionally with engineers, stakeholders and implementers
* Think through both big picture implications and the small details of decisions, constantly testing, disproving, and affirming product hypotheses to identify core problems, solutions and drive continuous improvement
* Turn ambiguous feedback and communications into clear, actionable plans with precise communication while diplomatically balancing competing interests with an open-mind and prioritizing Scale’s vision
* Have an in-depth understanding of markets, competition and customer/user requirements
Ideally you’d have:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical / STEM field or equivalent practical experience
* 2-4 years of product management experience or equivalent
* Ability to take initiative, interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels, and build productive working relationships
* A strong product and design vision, knowing from experience what works, when to fix, and when to experiment along with experience "sizing the prize" and prioritizing across multiple competing opportunities
* A user-first mentality, always doing right by whoever is using the product paired with a data-driven approach, always digging deep, iterating quickly, and finding data to support plans or experiments
* Excellent communication, collaboration and process-oriented skills to help manage existing processes and make improvements, as needed
Nice to haves:
* Solid experience with marketplace incentives, growth / user funnels on 2-sided platforms, knowledge of experimentation and instrumentation tools (e.g. understanding of country multipliers, pay guardrails, churn and LTV/CAC across user funnels).
* Deep understanding of machine learning and its applications.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.Apply now