August 23, 2022
Every year, we welcome thousands of university graduates from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
We’re a company of learn-it-all’s rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Those hired into this role are invited to participate in Microsoft Aspire Experience, a two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Currently we are hiring Product Manager for STCA and C+AI department in Beijing, Shanghai and Suzhou.
As an integral part of the global team working on core products with core technology, Software Technology Center Asia (STCA) plays a significant role contributing to overall Microsoft applications and services products development. It is dedicated to the development for many Microsoft applications and services products such as Microsoft 365, Bing, Azure, as well as internet and mobile related products. The team is focused on a wide spectrum of technologies including machine learning, natural language processing, cloud computing, big data, search engine and online advertising, web and browser. Located in Beijing, Suzhou, Taipei and Tokyo, Software Technology Center Asia (STCA) has more than 2000 R&D employees.
Cloud + AI seeks to enable organizations in two core ways to:
Engage with their customers more effectively and grow their revenue
Optimize business operations to improve employee productivity
Cloud + AI enables Microsoft to be a unique player in today’s market as a key participant in conversations to help customers achieve their goals. In fact, over 90% of the Fortune 500 use the Microsoft Cloud today, and Cloud + AI facilitates the market leadership exhibited by Microsoft with products and solutions in areas such as Cloud Infrastructure, Developer Tools and Services, Enterprise Mobility and Security, Business Applications and Data& AI.
Analysis of Customer and Market Signals
* Develops task ownership and a first-hand understanding of a less ambiguous feature, the customer, and how the customer interacts with and uses the feature. Begins to influence features for local team. Consumes analysis generated by senior team members or researchers. Identifies customers’ unmet or unknown needs and market opportunities for enhancements or development of a feature (e.g., product, service) via quantitative (e.g., usage, telemetry) and qualitative analyses (e.g., customer usage, various listening systems, feedback channels of market and industry trends), and scopes the impact of a problem with direct guidance. Helps perform market or user research in collaboration with the User Research team, conduct competitive analyses, and examine market and industry trends, as well as industry-specific requirements or regulations.
* Understands how their feature (e.g., product, service) fits into the product or service area. Develops problem statements and forms hypotheses of a new feature (e.g., product, service) to address customer needs and/or market opportunities. Performs experiments to test hypotheses and inform decisions on what new feature (e.g., product, service) to introduce, with oversight from others. Partners with senior colleagues to establish clarity of the root problem with the customer. Learns how to ensure alignment between the customer, the market, and the goals and strategy of Microsoft. Begins to collaborate with others (e.g., Software Engineering [SWE], Hardware Engineering [HWE], Product Marketing, Design) to ensure that they can satisfy customer requirements. Assists validating the market size and opportunity to determine products or features of greatest value. Helps define solution options for a single feature (e.g., product, service).
* Works on a single feature (e.g., product, service) and in collaboration with a team member. Learns to collaborate with others to help write the product framing/vision memo, create user stories and epics, and use or design integrated scenarios. Assists in collaborating with others (e.g., Business Planning, Finance, Support, Customers, Product Marketing) to identify the potential customer base. Communicates product strategy to internal and external customers and builds consensus through multiple methods (e.g., internal collaboration).
* Drives and tracks Key Results as assigned and learns to understand one or more success criteria and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs], Key Performance Indicators [KPIs] such as engagement, usage, acquisition, revenue, profitability, and in project features) and provides clarity on fundamentals (e.g., quality, privacy, security, compliance, accessibility, cost of goods sold [COGS]) of a feature (e.g., product, service). Works with Software Engineering (SWE) and Hardware Engineering (HWE) to identify needed data and ensure telemetry is developed and obtains it responsibly and compliantly with supervision. Understands the COGS of a feature (e.g., product, service) and the KPIs that will help influence profitability. Identifies OKRs for a feature (e.g., product, service) and ensures alignment of the feature with product-level OKRs.
* Helps to identify data-informed, short-term investment opportunities, evaluate tradeoffs, and prioritize investments in consultation with cross-functional partners for a feature (e.g., product, service).
* Helps engage with internal partners, external partners, including early adopting customers, and other key stakeholders to gather input and garner support for product/service vision, strategy, and roadmap for a feature.
* Develops the competence to define the feature and learns to partner with Design teams to connect multiple design factors (e.g., visual design, user experience [UX], application programming interfaces [APIs], hardware design) to desired functionality and product vision. Helps iterate multiple designs with Design, Software Engineering (SWE), and Hardware Engineering (HWE). Assists others in facilitating reviews (e.g., UX, system designs, data designs) with customers (e.g., regulators, engineers, policy makers, business-decision makers) to determine usability and ensure accessibility criteria and updated designs meet customer goals.
* Coordinates with others to perform scenario walkthroughs and thought exercises to identify problems, system friction, and needed contingencies in advance of early customer adoption for a feature (e.g., product, service). Assists others sharing feature previews or roadmap with customers to drive engagement and to gather feedback and customer telemetry in conjunction with others (e.g., Business Development, Sales, End Consumers, User Research). Assists in collaborating with Software Engineering (SWE), Hardware Engineering (HWE), and Scientists to respond to feedback for improvement.
Go To Market
* Collaborates with Product Marketing, Business Planning, and Engineering to identify product release criteria, customer acquisition, usage, retention, and monetization strategies, under the guidance of others. Assists Product Managers by helping build marketing and roll-out plans and/or content such as product overviews, blogs, and landing pages for individual features or smaller products that ladder up to marketing plans for an overall product solution area. Assists in creating customer support plans (e.g., frequently asked questions [FAQs], scripts), HyperCase, change management, and communication plans.
* Evangelizes the feature s/he works on with internal and external stakeholders, partners, analysts and customers in the industry via presentations, blog posts, social media, and other forums. Presents at small industry/company events. Collaborates with Product Marketing to educate on the product and develop content.
* Assists in partnering with others (e.g., Data Science, Software Engineering [SWE], Hardware Engineering [HWE], User Research) to collect performance metrics (e.g., key performance indicators [KPIs] such as engagement, usage, acquisition, revenue, and in-project features), monitor and report on progress (e.g., business reviews), and derive insights that lead to productive courses of action to improve product/feature development, iteration, and implementation. Helps leverage customer listening systems, telemetry, engagements (e.g., interviews, surveys), etc., to develop insights on product performance and customer needs. Helps form hypotheses, perform experiments, iterate, and test to drive improvement/adoption in specific performance metrics that have incremental impact in specific areas.
* Helps build trust with a targeted selection of customers. Leverages a line of communication with customers to capture feedback and insights through the product development lifecycle. Helps respond to real-time customer feedback in online portals, with guidance from others. Begins to understand and drive improvements in the support process, including both forums and communities.
* Embody our culture and values
* Bachelor's degree.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.Apply now