August 23, 2022
Nubank was established with the goal of freeing people from bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people’s relationship with money across Latin America. Nubank is now one of the largest digital banking platforms and financial technology companies in the world.
Nubank was founded in São Paulo in 2013, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br
About The Role
Nubank’s exponential growth has been supported by consistent data-based decision making. In fact, this is one of the pillars of our company, together with technology, great product UX, and quality customer support. It is very important for us that all our employees have access to reliable and quality data and are able to use it on their day to day; that's why we have built a data platform to handle our analytical environment, for all Nubankers to make better decisions by using data. In order to help Nubank to scale its data platform, we are looking for a Technical Product Manager to work on our Data Business Unit, leading product development to support data governance and the scaling of our data platform.
The Senior Technical Product Manager in the Data Business Unit will work along with Data Engineers, Analytical Engineers and Project Managers to help evolve our platform and the data ownership model within our organization, guaranteeing not only the stability and quality of data assets for critical business processes, but also building internal products that empower other business units to effectively own their data.
* Develop a deep understanding of users and stakeholders by conducting research, data analysis and interviews;
* Define, prioritize, and communicate short and long term product goals;
* Specify and refine requirements - from conception to launch - of products, working closely with engineering (and other functions depending on the domain (e.g. data science, data engineers, analytical engineers);
* Stay up to date of complex domains like data processing and data governance, helping the team understand where the company and the market is going;
* Be an evangelist for the team, communicating to stakeholders and helping the team bridge any gaps in understanding between the team and the rest of the company;
* Execution and a general GSD attitude to accomplish outcomes.
Desired Skills And Competencies
* Experience working with data products as a Product Manager, Engineer, Data Analyst or in a similar function;
* Robust experience owning and supporting the entire product life-cycle of successful tech products;
* Strong desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users;
* Comfortable working with numbers and making decisions based on data;
* Ability to build strong relationships across distincts stakeholders;
* The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans;
* Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation;
* Advance English language skills;
* Great willingness to learn and adapt to a high paced environment;
* Good understanding of the software development lifecycle;
* Experience working with internal/technical products would be a plus.
* Health, dental and life insurance
* Meal allowance
* Transportation assistance
* 30 days of paid vacation
* Equity at Nubank
* Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
* Free bike parking with showers available
* NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
* NuLanguage - Our language learning program
* Gympass partnership
* Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
* Child care allowance
* ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
* Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
* Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. When it’s time, we will require a fixed cadence of visiting the office in which employees go to their Business Unit's (BU) base location. Employees will have an employment contract based on the cities that Nu’s offices are located, considering their country of hire. More details can be shared during your hiring process