August 23, 2022
Transform the way the world runs networks
As a Product Manager for virtualization and COTS you will be responsible for multiple tracks with platform and infrastructure; developing product features, roadmaps, customer/ peer teams’ engagement and have a strong execution focus in an agile environment. Works in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to design, build and roll-out products that deliver Sandvine’s vision and strategy. Passionate about building products that customers will love. Willingness to be an evangelist for virtualization and COTS deployment of the Sandvine platforms, applications, and methodologies throughout the company and its customers.
In addition to being an individual contributor, you will also be responsible for assisting all platforms and applications Directors and Product Line Managers on how to properly move and build for the virtualization and COTS layer future of service provider networks. In addition, you may own one or more product lines and/or product functions, while working with the other leaders to define and implement product strategies from concept to end-of-life. Many factors will be required when planning for the evolution of virtualization and COTS systems across multiple access technologies and use cases in which we deliver to our customers.
Using your deep technical domain knowledge, you will drive technical and new product requirements as well as product enhancements. You will be responsible for evaluating new hypervisor architectures (including ie NSX / OVS-DPDK), Computer Systems x86 architectures for i.e. HPC and technical requests from current and prospective customers to deeply understand their needs and turn that customer insight into actionable technical product requirements and plans. You then will be required to bring this to minimum viable products that can be delivered by the R&D organization through persona-based user stories to ensure that this enables the persona to better perform their job and ease the deployment of our platform and services.
You will play a significant role in providing product feature, virtualization, COTS references and appliances collateral, and integrating the ease of virtualization deployments into our use case marketing materials for key initiatives. You will drive a solution set across development teams (primarily R&D, Customer Support, Professional Services, and Sales Engineering) through use case stories, quick start guides, deployment guidance, product contracts and be the driving force behind the inception, planning, development and delivery virtualization and COTS transformation across all product line and releases.
As part of the phase in / phase out of products you will be instrumental in guiding the Supply organization with product lifecycle and transitioning plans.
* Act as a subject matter expert on virtualization and COTS to enable go-to-market strategies
* Identify and create proper user stories to meet emerging TCO and technology turn needs of our customers
* Sales Support through customer presentations, technical/commercial proposals and RFP response
* Perform Knowledge transfers to Sales and Customers on trends in virtualization and COTS in which will benefit our products and deployments
* Using a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generates new ideas that grows market share, improves customer experience, and drives growth upon Sandvine products
* Scopes and prioritizes activities based on business and customer impact.
* Works closely with peers and engineering leads to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources ensuring proper Minimum Viable Product and features servicing multiple solutions
* Drives product launches including working with the leadership team and other product management team members.
* Acts as a virtualization and COTS infrastructure evangelist to build awareness and understanding; both within and outside the company.
* Represents the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company direction, features and services.
What Skills You Bring
* Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., KVM, ESXi)
* Experience with virtualization deployment (e.g., SR-IOV, vmxnet3, virtio)
* Experience with Data Center Infrastructure (e.g. HPC, Data Center Switch-, and Router technologies)
* Experience with Computer Systems (e.g. x86 architectures, memory and storage technologies)
* Experience with Computer Networking (e.g. IEEE 802, Ethernet Controllers, fiber technologies.
* Proven work experience in product management or as an associate product manager or product owner
* Worked in an agile environment for product delivery.
* Proven track record of moving an appliance/software based company into the realm of virtualization and COTS technologies
* Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
* Proven ability to develop product growth strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
* Have experience with development/automation and strong passion to promote developer productivity
* Good understanding of the technologies of virtualization and COTS and as they pertain to Service Providers and telecommunications markets
* Strong knowledge in building networks in virtualization and COTS.
Networks are evolving, and operators need to keep up. At Sandvine, we’re working with innovative customers who are looking to embrace change and constantly improve. By combining analytics, machine learning, and automation, we help hundreds of network operators around the world make their networks run simpler and smarter - all while exceeding their expectations.
As a Sandviner, you will take on new challenges, learn from industry leaders, and contribute to creative solutions as part of a growing team that is transforming the way the world runs networks.
What Can You Expect From Us
* Competitive compensation plan
* Flexible working hours - in some roles work from home
* Employee development including training programs and mentorship
* Career development and advancement opportunities
* International travel opportunities - we are a global company.
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
-The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team